It’s about this time that people start making their resolutions for the next year – the things they want to change or improve upon. What we often overlook doing, though, is reflecting upon all the wonderful things that happened, all the accomplishments achieved and memories made during the prior year. So before I start setting my intentions for 2014, I’m reflecting on all the wonderful things from 2013.
1. I stepped out of my comfort zone and went skiing for the first time as an adult (that time back in grade school when Joe Parker made me go down a double diamond on my first ski trip emotionally scarred me).
2. I joined the Institute for Integrative Nutrition to learn even more about holistic health and nutrition. Along the way, I’ve grown my tribe of amazing fellow health warriors.
(By the way, if you are at all interested in checking out the year-long IIN program – it’s not only for people aspiring to become health coaches – shoot questions my way via my CONNECT page).
3. I got my website and Facebook page for an unprocessed life going — and started working with my first set of clients.
4. I made a LOT of smoothies.
5. I fostered new friendships and nourished long-time ones on rooftops, runs, picnics, at my 20th high school reunion, holiday celebrations, beaches, over food, over wine, while dancing, doing yoga, drinking moscow mules, baking cookies… the list goes on.
6. I traveled to Spain, Portugal, Shelter Island, Myrtle Beach, Boston, Washington DC, Maryland and NJ — all equally wonderful trips.
7. I made three trips to my friends’ (Adam and Erin) River House in Beacon, NY. Winter: we celebrated a birthday back country style and went sledding. Summer: we worshipped the sun gods, lounged in the pool and I almost died of dehydration on a 14 mile run (that was supposed to be 13 miles). Fall: I got to photograph their most amazing wedding full of love, friends, family, dancing and (lots of) moonshine.
8. I trained for and ran the NYC Marathon – and just barely made my 4 hour time goal (officially 4:03:38).
9. I am closer than ever to my parents, sister and nieces. Little beats impromptu FaceTime calls initiated by a 5-year old.
10. I had a pretty amazing year.