I just got home from Ellie’s class at Crank and am feeling awesome – partially because the class itself was a sweat-filled blast and partially because I had not been there in a week and have been going through withdrawal. The main reason I haven’t been in a week is because I needed to wait for my next paycheck (ah, the joys of NYC living) but also because my run on Sunday left my calves and shins pretty tight. Given that it was my first hilly outside run in 2 months, I should have stretched better than I did (my imperfection rearing its head). Even I need to be reminded every once in a while why self-care is important.
After yesterday’s spirulina mishap (see Instagram), if you will, I was craving something basic this morning. This simple cacao and sunflower seed butter smoothie did just the trick.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla quinoa milk
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 scoop raw protein powder
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 Tbs sunflower seed butter
- 1 chocolate greens pak
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- Cacao nibs
- Sunflower Seeds
- Put all ingredients (other than toppings) into a blender and mix. Add in a couple ice cubes if you want a cooler smoothie.
- Pour into glass and top with cacao nibs and sunflower seeds.
- Chocolate greens pak contains trace amounts of gluten, so avoid if celiac or very sensitive. Instead, substitute with other chocolate greens or cacao poweder.